Welcome to my blog on all that is sweet and decadent. I hope through this I may share my passion for the finer things in life like candy, cookies, pies, chocolate, cake and oh so much more!!! I am opening myself up to share with the world this passion of mine. This will include recipes, tutorials, photos, thoughts and maybe even some videos eventually. So come dive in with me and don't forget to bring that sweet tooth of yours!



Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sweets: an intoxicating journey

I am super excited about starting this new blog. I am still going to continue with my original blog but have had some inspiration lately to do a different and fun one. I love, love, love both cooking and baking, but I have always said that if I had to choose one I would defiantly go with the baking. I feel that I can put more of ME into that style of culinary art. I always thought that if I ever made my way to a Culinary Arts School, I would probably major in pastry arts. You can put and express so much beauty in a sweet dessert. It can take someone to a whole different place in their head and heart. It can make a bad day a WHOLE lot better. Just that one small taste of chocolate can intoxicate you body, mind and soul. It is weird but don't sweets just seem to have that affect? We eat them when we are happy, we eat them when we are sad, we eat them to celebrate accomplishments, or maybe just to finish off that perfect meal. Whatever it is I think most agree that sweets are in our lives daily and they are WONDERFUL (Our waistlines just don't like them too much)!

I feel that baking is one way that I can give back to people. I always loved baking individual things for people while I was up in Montana cooking for hundreds. Just to send someone a little sweet and let them know you are thinking of them and care. I was known as the cheesecake lady up at the place I worked. I was known for making good cheesecakes. The funny thing is, I am not a huge fan of them. But love making them!!! So that became kind of a trademark of mine. Lately I have been trying many new things and making sweet packages for the staff and patients at the cancer center. I bring them things every several weeks or so. It is so rewarding just to see the smiles on their faces when you give them that box or bag of goodies. I am working on Valentines goodies to bring to everyone on Tuesday. I have so much fun creating these desserts.

Back when I was living in Montana a friend of mine got me a starter kit of decorating tips and bags. I now have expanded my collection quite a bit. I have several boxes with fun tools and LOTS of cookie cutters and molds and the list can go on and on. You see I discovered a cake decorating and supply store around the corner from my house. DANGEROUS!!!! It is the sweetest little shop, but jam packed full of wonderful tools and everything you can think of. I just love going in and getting ideas for new things to create and try to restrain myself from buying the place out when I go. I am trying to build my collection of baking stuff a little at a time. Last time I went, I got the cutest little bug sucker/candy mold. So my collection is growing a little by little. It is so exciting!! Maybe my dream that I have had for so long will come true where I can open up my own bakery. Oh............. what a dream that would be. Lately I have been thinking of how I can sell my baked goods to benefit cancer somehow. I am working on finding a way to use this to help that other important part of my life.
So grab your apron and join me in this utterly sweet and decadent journey in my kitchen!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You go Lyndsay Ann!!! You can do anything your heart wants you to do, I will be a worker bee, encouraging you and will be your #1 fan and taste tester.....yum-yum I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mum!!! I love how much support you give me in all my crazy endeavors. I am really hoping this one can go somewhere. It will be fun fun fun!!! I dothe thee the official truffle baller. You did such a great job at Christmas. Why mess with perfection? (:

    ReplyDelete